The greener way to meet...
In 2011, IET Glasgow: Teacher Building was awarded with a Gold Accreditation in the Green Tourism Business Scheme which lead to the Carbon Trust declaring the city-centre venue as ‘Carbon Neutral’.
By holding your event with us, the carbon footprint of your activities onsite is already offset. This package is designed to further enhance the sustainability of your event, ensuring an environmentally-friendly conference, meeting, dinner or party from start to end.
You get our standard DDR with all the green extras.
Going green with your DDR adds the following to your standard package:
- Three servings of tea / coffee and biscuits (Fairtrade tea / coffee)
- Two-course organic lunch with fruit juice (locally sourced produce, reducing food miles)
- LCD projector (set to eco-mode, using 20% less energy) and screen
- Meeting waste materials sorted and recycled for client
- Hard top-tables in your meeting room (no linen will reduce chemical use / water / energy)
- Paperless billing (see coordinator for details)
- Free onsite parking of bicycles
- Flipchart - option to hire a SMART Board at additional cost to reduce paper waste
- Bike hire and suggested walking routes available
- Every space has natural daylight - where possible, turn the lights off throughout your event
- Enquire about hire of audio and video-conferencing equipment to reduce emissions caused by delegate travel
Green day delegate rate £40.00 + VAT
Contact us today to find out more and to enquire about availability.